How To Get Started - Without Getting Overwhelmed
How to get inspired & stay inspired.
Anyone who knows me knows that when I have an idea, I have that idea plus 10 other ideas that I need to execute and get done ASAP. This always leaves me feeling completely overwhelmed and burnt out, and then at the end of the day, I accomplish absolutely nothing because I want to do everything all at once..
Over time I think I have finally mastered a process. Here is what works for me:
- Write down your goals. All of them
- Realize that is it okay to not complete all of these goals within a short timeframe
- Prioritize what you need and want to accomplish first
- Plan out your day. Dedicate a certain amount of hours per task, once time is up, move on to the next thing
- Put your phone down, out of reach and out of sight! Try to eliminate as many distractions as possible. It’s best to work best hard for 2 hours opposed to 8 hours with 10,000 distractions throughout your day
- Give yourself a timeline. Dedicate a solid 2 weeks (or however long) you want to to accomplish that particular goal. I personally like to focus on a few goals at a time because this helps me to not be overwhelmed. For example – I gave myself a two week timeline to get this very website up and running! For those two weeks, working on this site is pretty much the only thing I did
- Focus on the task at hand. I’m a multi-tasker, but if I am doing too many things at once, I lose focus, miss steps and lose attention to detail. So, I need to know when to take a step back and focus on one particular task
- Use project management tools. I used them all! Right now, I’m loving tiktik and Monday.com and just simply the notepad that’s installed on MacBooks.